With the blessings of H.H. Pope Tawadros II, Agora University in partnership with St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church of Chicago, IL is pleased to announce its 3rd Patristic Symposium titled “The Mystery of Sainthood: When Flesh Manifest God.” This symposium is held in memory of the late Bishop Epiphanius, to honor his academic and pastoral legacy. It is designed for Christian leaders, servants, adults, and theologians eager to engage with contemporary challenges through the eyes of the Early Church Fathers. Lectures will be delivered by a diverse group of theologians followed by an open panel discussion and will focus on the relational context of the unseen reality and its visible manifestation. Lectures will discuss where the visible and invisible meet; where humanity meets the divine and when the divine lives in humanity.
Date: 7-9 March, 2019
COST AND REGISTRATION
The Symposium is $70 for the entire weekend. The cost includes Refreshments on Thursday, Lunch and Dinner on Friday, and Lunch on Saturday.
All participants are responsible for making their own arrangements. There are several hotels within a few minutes of the Church.
Thursday March 7th — 7:00pm-10:00pm, St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church Friday March 8th –9:30am-6:00pm, St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church
Saturday March 9th — 9:00am -4:00pm, St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church
Please fill the Registration Form by clicking on the following Button:
GREAT NEWS! Child care can be provided for $25/child all 3 days or $15/child for just Friday.
1. AGE LIMIT: child care only for children ages 3 to 10.
2. MUST REGISTER: You must register your child during the registration process.
3. LIMITED SPACE: Spots for child care will be limited and provided on a first come, first served basis.
Cancellations before January 27th will receive a full refund. Any cancellations after January 27th will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. There will be no refunds on or after February 3rd.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are accommodations included in the cost? No, accommodations are not included in the cost. Each participant is responsible for their own accommodations.
2. Can I walk in and attend or do I need to register? As of now, there will be no walk-in attendees allowed; everyone must register for the Symposium using the link above.
3. Can I pay for or attend only part of the Symposium? No, there are no partial registrations. You must pay the full registration fee of $70.00.
4. Can my children attend with me? No children will be allowed at the Symposium and you must be at least 19 years old to register and participate in the Symposium.
5. Can I register and pay for the Symposium when I arrive? No, there will be no walk-in signups or registrants. You should register and pay for the Symposium using the link above beforehand in order to guarantee a spot. Space is limited.
6. Will child care be provided? Yes, child care can be provided for $25 all 3 days or $15 for just Friday. Spots for child care will be limited and provided on a first come, first served basis.