General Admission Requirements
- Each applicant must be at least 18 years of age at the time of registration.
- Each applicant must submit their undergraduate degree transcript and diploma. Average GPA of 3.0 in USA and the equivalent of 85% or a “B” worldwide.
- Evidence of passing English language proficiency requirements by satisfying one of the following categories:
- Native speaker.
- Graduation from an English-speaking institution in USA, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, or any other country whose native language is English.
- Graduation from an English-speaking institution worldwide (i.e. American University in Cairo).
- A GCSE or iGCSE graduate with at least a “C” grade in English.
- An IB Diploma graduate.
- IELTS 6.5 or equivalent, with nothing lower than 5.5 in any of the four elements (listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- TOEFL iBT score of 78, with nothing lower than 17 in any of the four elements (listening, speaking, reading and writing). Equivalency Guide: (TOEFL 550/ TOEFL CBT 213/TOEFL iBT 78).
- Submit two professional or academic letters of recommendation.
- Complete Admission application and financial declaration forms.
- Payment of Admission Application Fee. Fees can be paid by visiting http://www.aui.ac/tuition.
- Submit a letter of intent detailing your reasons for joining the program.
- All applicants must submit a 2000-word writing sample.
- All applicants must submit a Government issued Photo ID.
* Agora University accepts foreign transcripts from universities officially recognized by their respective governments in their country of residence. An official stamped and sealed transcript is required from all foreign students.
Individuals with extensive ministry experience and a high school degree, but without an accredited bachelor’s degree, may petition for provisional acceptance into the continuing education program. They must submit an essay or other evidence that they are capable of doing graduate-level work. Students must earn a GPA of at least 3.0 in their first four courses. No more than 5 percent of the students in the master’s degree program can be admitted without a bachelor’s degree.
You must have access to a computer connected to the internet. If you are reading this Handbook, you probably already meet the requirements. Dial-up connections will be sufficient for most classes, but a few classes have video materials, which will display better if you have a DSL or cable connection. You may use any of the common browsers: Chrome, Edge, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. Most of our course lectures are in PDF format. There is a link to three free PDF readers on our public information page. The PDF pages are designed for full-size computers; tablets may provide an adequate display, but the materials may be difficult to read on smaller devices. We require that you have a word-processing program, such as Microsoft Word. Free word-processing programs are also suitable. We highly recommend that you also have a webcam with a microphone, for taking proctored exams. Your internet connection must be able to transmit video.
Agora University will consider for transfer coursework completed at accredited institutions of post-secondary education whose accrediting agencies are recognized by the European Union or by an agency recognized by CHEA. Only coursework completed at a C average or better will be considered for transfer after a review by the Academic Dean. Students need to provide a transcript for all accredited coursework taken and indicate a desire to transfer coursework before enrolling in the current term. A maximum of 50% of graduate coursework can be transferred. A minimum of 50% of graduate coursework must be undertaken at Agora University.
Coursework earned at a non-accredited institution may be submitted for review with an official transcript and course descriptions. Coursework earned at non-accredited institutions will be considered on a case by case basis by the Academic Dean. In most cases, refusal to transfer work will be based on content or academic standards incompatible with the courses required for graduation at Agora University.
Please note that Agora University courses might not be transferable to other institutions. It is only at the discretion of the receiving institution to make that decision.